Thursday, October 13, 2005

Conscious capitalism: an intro


BuyBlue.org: Vote with your wallet!

Great site that I checked out after the last election. You can search by industry, company, etc. and get an idea of how they treat their people, the environment and where their political donations go. I Just re-acquainted myself with the site as we develop a sort of grassroots "conscious capitalism" concept here at Zaadz.


Main point of our brand of conscious capitalism:
- I contribute to organizations/people/political causes in which I believe.
- I DO NOT circulate my cash to those organizations/people/political cause in which I do not believe.
- Therefore, why would I spend money at places who will use profit from my money to support organizations I would never support?

Hmmm...Doesn't make sense for me to do that. So, I'm choosing to be a more conscious consumer.

Strong recommendation that you consider doing the same thing.

Case in point: I recently blogged: Albertson's Says: Vaginas Are Bad! (Not so) Shockingly, Albertson's is a significant Republican supporter; and more here.

Whole Foods (obviously) and Alpha Beta are much better options if you're interested in consciously channeling your cash to organizations who share your politics.

Bottom line: never forget you're voting with every dollar you spend.

I'll be sharing more of my thoughts on the idea of conscious capitalism over the weeks and months ahead.

Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home