Sunday, October 09, 2005

Biographies of the Great Ones

I haven't had a TV plugged in for the better part of the last 7 or 8 years. Recently got one, plugged it in and hooked up the ol' DVD (well, actually a new one) to it. Then signed up for Netflix.

OMIGOD.

Amazing.

Anyhoo, I've been living on a regular diet of biographies. Thought I'd share some of my favorites.

Just watched Tupac: Resurrection. Wow.

Other favorites:

- Tiger Woods (This is a must see--golf fan or not)
- Benjamin Franklin
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Malcolm X (well, not a biography but Spike Lee's genius story)
- RFK
- Einsten
- Fidel Castro
- Napoleon
- When We Were Kings (Ali)

The audacity of these peeps is so ridiculously inspiring.

Other notable selections I highly recommed:

- Guns, Germs and Steel
- The Elegant Universe (OMIGOD! Who woulda thunk string theory could be so cool?!?)
- David Blaine (Fearless)

You got any recommendations for me?!? Thanks in advance. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home