Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Obesity, children and Micky-D's

Hah. Gotta love that.

I can't wait to see the HUGE shift that's going to occur in the quick-serve restaurant business. I honestly don't think McD's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., etc. will exist (at least not in their current form) within 5-15 years. They simply can't. We can't afford to pay for the disease and sickness that is created as a result of their success. At the very least, their menus are going to be radically different. (I'm still blown away by the fact McD's no longer has super size options and profiles a salad on their menu and fruit in the happy meal...)

In any case, join me in supporting my friends who own some of my favorite restaurants and help them expand: from Native Foods (Westwood, Costa Mesa & Palm Springs, California) to Leaf Cuisine (Culver City, CA) to Zen Palate (NYC).

Fun fun fun!

(Thanks to Seth Godin for blogging about this.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home