Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Great Art Quotes (& Great Artist)

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.
::: Michelangelo :::

Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind.
::: Leonardo :::

---

Just got those from a friend of mine...

Can't believe I haven't mentioned Dion Archibald yet. He's an amazing artist (and Internet marketer to boot) who has a great inspirational art quote site and newsletter. Check em out.

I bought my first piece of "real" art from Dion a few years ago. I love his style--a kind of van Gogh/Picasso-esque drawing with paint style that I dig. He stumbled upon thinkarete way back when, signed up for the newsletter and we started trading emails. Then I found a piece he did of the ancient library at Ephesus, Turkey--a beautiful piece of one of my favorite places in the world...so, had to get it. :)


Here she is!

(God she looks hot online! Cool to look at it on my wall and on the site. Fun fun fun. Hehe.)



Reminds me of the list of 100 things I'm gonna do today: 42. Support Someone in the Process of Achieving Greatness. ... Have you supported an artist or someone else on their way to greatness today? Get on that, would ya?!

Thanks for the inspiration, Dion!

(Follow this guy. He's up to some great stuff.)

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger amarisse said...

LOVE the Michelangelo quote! This gives me a little validation in re: the ever-present, over-ambitious "to-do" lists I make for myself!

Also love the idea of supporting someone who's on their way up. I have several paintings from a talented, "unknown" artist blessing my home... after I bought the first two, she actually did a couple "on commission" for me. Now, one day when she's famous, I can say... "She painted those just for me!" (And even said as much on the back.) Of course, whether she ever gets famous or not, I loved the feeling of supporting an artist whose work touched me. Sweet, sweet.

I do so love your "list!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home