Monday, July 04, 2005

Acting "As If"

Just read an amazing passage from Wayne Dyer's book, Real Magic. (I'm currently on a Dyer binge after falling in love with The Power of Intention then listening to everything I could find on Audible via LearnOutLoud...his stuff's amazing...Love him and can't wait to meet him and let him know that he's my spiritual daddy.)

Anyhoo, so, there's this passage about acting "as if." The way he describes it is genius. My rendition goes something like this: who do you want to be? What's your ideal? Are you enlightened? Are you in perfect physical shape?

Whatever it is, get that image. Then, on a moment-to-moment basis, ACT "AS IF" you already were that person...what would the enlightened being that you are do in this moment of tension? Perhaps breathe in, breathe out, gain perspective and maintain equanimity. Good. Then act like that enlightened person NOW.

How about that perfectly healthy person that you imagine. Good. What would (s)he do right now? What would they eat? How often would they exercise. Perfect. That's what you do now.

Act as if. Moment to moment to moment. And, sooner than you think you won't be acting anymore. How amazingly cool is that?

Love ya,

-bri

4 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Zepplinlady said...

Hmmmm....mind over matter. I suppose if you have a strong will & determination, this is a good path to choose. I'm game.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Brian Johnson said...

Right on. Even more powerful is the COMBINATION of mind and matter...

Hmmm...Have you seen "what the bleep do we know" yet? GREAT stuff. Highly recommend it.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger amarisse said...

I'm a Dyer-o-Phile, too. I didn't know Audible had his stuff, though... very cool! Must get the husband to give up a few of his monthly allotments and get me some!

The Power of Intention has the power to teach people to change their lives; I wish everyone would read it. Learning to see the end from the beginning, visualizing the outcome, and having faith are fairly commonly understood concepts, but it's not everyone who realizes that when you start "acting as if," you engage the momentum of the universe to assist you. This book is on my required reading list for students, and my copy sits by my bed, so I can pick it up frequently for a little boost of positivity and power.

Oh, and yes.. I am going to go through every one of your entries from the beginning, and comment. *grin* Sowwy. :)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Brian Johnson said...

So so true about the Power of Intention. (And, I'm loving every one of your comments. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home